Fiji is one of the most visitor-friendly countries on the planet! Here’s what you need to know about visas for your Fijian holiday:
1. Visa-Free Travel
- Citizens of 110 countries (including Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Canada) enjoy visa-free travel to Fiji for up to four months. Just turn up with a valid passport to get your automatic visitor permit stamp on arrival.
- You can check the entire list of visa-exempt countries on the official Fiji Immigration site here: https://immigration.gov.fj/visa-exempted-countries/
2. Visa Application Process
- If you don’t hold a visa exempted nationality, you may need to apply for a visa through the Fijian embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Check the official Fijian government website for specific details on visa applications, forms, and processing times.
3. Passport Validity
- Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended departure date from Fiji.
- If you wish to extend your stay beyond the initial visa period, you can apply for an extension in Fiji. Typical extensions are granted for an additional two months.
5. Conditions of Entry
- Visitors should have a return or onward ticket and proof of sufficient funds for their stay.
- Tourists are not allowed to engage in employment or business activities without the appropriate permits.
- Visitors must meet Fiji’s character requirements.
6. Health Requirements
- To enter Fiji, you must be free from diseases or conditions that are a threat to public health or require significant healthcare or community services.
- Check if there are any specific health requirements, such as vaccinations, for entry into Fiji.
7. Keep Updated
- Visa requirements can change, so it’s crucial to check for updates closer to your travel date.
Check the latest information on the official Fijian government Immigration website (https://immigration.gov.fj/) or contact the Fijian embassy or consulate in your country for the most accurate and up-to-date details. Enjoy your tropical paradise adventure!